Legal Separation

Filing a Joint Application for Legal Separation on a Draft Agreement

To file a joint application for legal separation on a draft agreement, proceed as follows: 

  1. Prepare the application by following one of the examples provided in the publication Joint Application for Divorce on a Draft Agreement (some adaptations will be required);
  2. Attach the required documents and payment of the required fee;
  3. Send the application and documents to the clerk’s office of the Superior Court at the courthouse of the judicial district where one of the spouse resides.
To find a judicial district, it is possible to use the online service Search for a Judicial District.
The application can be prepared with a lawyer’s assistance. To find a lawyer, it is possible to use the online service Find a Lawyer.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?