Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses

Notifying Revenu Québec of a Change of Address or Change in Situation as a Recipient of Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses

Important Notice

This page is being updated. Meanwhile, as the information currently online may not be complete, we invite you to consult the French version. Thank you for your understanding.

If you receive advance payments of the tax credit for childcare expenses, you must notify Revenu Québec of any change of address or change in personal or family situation during the tax year concerned. 

Change of Address
You can notify Revenu Québec of a change of address in any of the following ways:

  • Use the Service québécois de changement d'adresse, either online or with the help of a Services Québec information officer (by telephone or at a service counter).
  • Fill out the form Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses: Application for Advance Payments 2018, write “Amended” at the top of the form, and mail to Revenu Québec.
  • Use Revenu Québec’s Change of Address online service.

Change of Situation
To notify Revenu Québec of a change in situation, fill out the form Notice of Change in Situation: Advance Payments of the Tax Credit for Childcare Expenses, and mail to Revenu Québec.

If the changes involve the location of care, the number of days of care during the year, or the childcare expenses, ask the provider of the childcare services to fill out a new copy of the form Childcare Expenses Qualifying for the Tax Credit: Fees and Number of Days of Care in 2018. Then mail the form to Revenu Québec together with your Notice of Change in Situation.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?