Civil Status Documents Related to Marriage or Civil Union: Certificate, Copy of an Act or Attestation

Declaring the Theft or Loss of a Certificate or a Copy of an Act of Marriage or Civil Union

To declare the theft or loss of a certificate or a copy of an act of marriage or civil union, telephone the Directeur de l’état civil.

This procedure must be carried out before applying for a new certificate or a new copy of an act. A note will be made in the Québec register of civil status, invalidating the lost or stolen document so as to prevent identity theft.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?