Civil Status Documents Related to Marriage or Civil Union: Certificate, Copy of an Act or Attestation

Applying for Insertion of an Act of Marriage or Civil Union Issued Outside of Québec into the Québec Register of Civil Status

To apply for the insertion of an act of marriage or civil union into the Québec register of civil status:

  • Complete the form Application for Insertion of an Act of Civil Status Made Outside Québec in the Québec Register of Civil Status, and attach the required documents.
  • Mail your complete application to the Directeur de l’état civil,  or file it in person at a Directeur de l’état civil service counter. 

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?