Tax Credit for Caregivers

Claiming the Tax Credit for Caregivers: Caregivers of a Spouse

To claim the tax credit, proceed as follows:
  1. Complete Schedule H – Tax Credit for Caregivers.
  2. Have a health professional complete the Certificate Respecting an Impairment.
  3. Attach both of the above to your income tax return for the tax year concerned.
  4. Send to Revenu Québec before the deadline.
If the Certificate Respecting an Impairment has already been sent to Revenu Québec (with a tax return from a previous year) and there has been no change in your spouse’s condition, the Certificate does not have to be completed again, nor do you have to attach it again to your tax return. However, if your spouse’s condition has improved you must notify Revenu Québec.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?