Licence Holders | Régie du bâtiment du Québec

Verifying that a Contractor Has a Licence

To verify if a contractor holds a licence and the corresponding licence subclasses needed to carry out specific construction work or to have it carried out, use the online service entitled Registre des détenteurs de licence RBQ.

A contractor who solicits an individual at home is an itinerant merchant. Such contractor's are required to hold both a contractor's licence from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec as well as an itinerant merchant's permit issued by the Office de la protection du consommateur.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?