Contractor Licence | Régie du bâtiment du Québec

Obtaining or Modifying your Contractor Licence

To obtain or modify an owner-builder licence, proceed as follows:

  • Fill out one of the following forms, depending on your situation:
      • Application for a Contractor's Licence – Natural Person
      • Demande d'une licence d'entrepreneur – Personne morale (in French only)
      • Demande d'une licence d'entrepreneur – Société (in French only)
  • Attach the required documents and payment of the fees 
  • Mail your complete application to the Régie du bâtiment du Québec by the deadline.

Under certain conditions and for an extra fee, your application can receive priority processing.
You can also present your application in person at the Régie’s service point in Montréal, using the appropriate form. Be sure to include the required payment with your application.
Qualification Examinations
If the guarantor (see definitions) has to take qualification examinations, the Régie will inform them of to the date, time and location where the examinations will be held. 
Electricity, Plumbing or Heating Licence
If you wish to obtain a licence in one of these areas, contact the Corporation des maîtres électriciens du Québec or the Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?