Public Body: Access to the User’s Record Kept by a Public Institution in the Health or Social Services Sector

Requesting Access to or a Copy of a Deceased Person’s Medical or Social Record Held by a Health and Social Services Institution

To request access to or a copy of a deceased person’s medical or social record, send a letter of request to the person in charge of access to documents and the protection of personal information at the institution concerned.

To obtain the name and contact information for that person, consult the Index of concerned public bodies and persons in charge of access to documents held by public bodies and the protection of personal information.
To help those who wish to make such a request, the Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec offers model form letters: Request for access to personal information.  

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?