Complaints and Investigations under the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms

Filing a Complaint in the Case of Violation of Rights and Freedoms

To file a complaint, contact the local office of the Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse by telephone, in writing or in person and provide the necessary information.

If the Commission has jurisdiction over your case, you will be able to lodge a formal complaint and an investigation file will be opened. If the Commission does not have jurisdiction over your case, you will be informed of the other recourses available to you.

If necessary, Commission staff will help you write your complaint.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?