Vehicle Registration: General Information

Replacing a Licence Plate or Registration Certificate

To replace a licence plate or registration certificate, go to a Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec service outlet with a valid original piece of identification and pay the required fee.
To find a Société service outlet, use the Find a Service Outlet online service.
Request to Replace a Registration Certificate From outside Québec
If you are outside Québec, you must send a written request containing all the required information, by mail or fax, to the Société’s Division des services aux clients. Be sure to enclose the required fee.

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?