Labour Standards: Complaint against an Employer for Prohibited Practices or Wrongful Dismissal

Filing a Complaint against an Employer concerning Prohibited Practices or Wrongful Dismissal

You can file a complaint against an employer concerning prohibited practices or wrongful dismissal in either of the following ways:

  • Use the online service that provides instructions for filing a complaint online.
  • Telephone the general information service of the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail.

You will be required to provide certain documents and information.

The Commission will review your allegations and then contact you to inform you whether your complaint is admissible. If your complaint is admissible, a mediation service will be offered to the parties. If mediation is not successful or if either party refuses to take part, the complaints will be forwarded to the Tribunal administratif du travail.
The process for handling your complaint is described in the publication I Have Filed a Complaint with the Commission des normes du travail: What Happens Now?

Survey:Your comments about this page...

To continue, correct the error(s) below.

1. You must at least answer one question or write a comment.

The content of the page:

  • has met my needs?
  • was easy to understand?