When a Couple Separates.

Child Assistance Measure

Retraite Québec

Important Notice

This page is being updated. Meanwhile, as the information currently online may not be complete, we invite you to consult the French version. Thank you for your understanding.

If you separate and you receive child assistance payments, you must notify Retraite Québec of the change in your conjugal status so Retraite Québec can recalculate the amounts to which you are entitled. It is calculated based on the number of children living with the beneficiary regardless of family income.  

If you do not receive child assistance and you live with a child who is under 18, you may be entitled to that measure. In order to be eligible, you must assume at least 40% of the custody time on a monthly basis.

  • ;#2;#Provincial;#
  • ;#2;#Financial assistance and grants;#
  • ;#2;#Citizens;#
  • ;#9;#Health and social services;#
  • Traduction anglaise
  • ;#525;#Retraite Québec;#