To apply for legal aid,
- make an appointment with the legal aid office closest to your home;
- provide all the information and documents required to prove your eligibility;
- the legal aid application form,
- the declaration that the information and documents provided are accurate,
- the authorization that allows the director of the legal aid office to check the accuracy of the information provided.
The applicant must be sent to the legal aid office closest to your home even if it concerns proceedings instituted in another province or territory of Canada. However, an applicant who is charged with a criminal offence in another province or territory must apply for legal aid in that province or territory.