When a Couple Separates.

Child Support

Ministère de la Justice

Applying for Child Support or for the Review of a Child Support Amount

To apply for child support or the review of a child support amount:
  1. Complete the Child support determination form.
  2. Fill out a motion to institute proceedings (see definitions).
  3. Provide the required documents.
  4. Serve (see definitions) all documents on the other parent if the application is not made jointly.
  5. Complete the form Sworn Statement Required under Article 444 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
  6. File all the relevant documents with the clerk of the Superior Court in the judicial district where the case will be heard.
Agreement between parents
An agreement reached between the parents, which can be negotiated with the assistance of a lawyer, notary or family mediator, can be presented to the Superior Court to be homologated by the special clerk.
  • traduction anglaise
  • ;#5;#Ministère de la Justice;#