Persons injured in an automobile accident
To apply for compensation for bodily injuries sustained in a traffic accident, proceed as follows:
- Use the Filing a Claim for Compensation online service. Then, submit the required documents using the Document Submission online service (be sure to have in hand the claim number you were given when you filed your application).
- Telephone the Service aux accidentés at the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec to have a compensation claim file opened and obtain a claim number. Then,
- Fill out the appropriate form depending on the estimated duration of your inability to work, either the Claim for Compensation – for Accident-Related Expenses if your inability to work is expected to last 7 days or less, or the Claim for Compensation – for an Inability to Perform Activities and for Accident-Related Expenses if your inability to work is expected to last 8 days or more. (You can ask the SAAQ for assistance completing the form.)
- Attach the required documents and write your claim number on every page.
- Submit the form and documents by mail or fax to the SAAQ’s Services aux accidentés.
If your inability to work lasts longer than expected, the SAAQ will provide compensation for as long as you are unable to work.