A biological or adopted child under age 18 of the beneficiary of a disability pension, or a minor child who has been living with the beneficiary for at least one year, if the beneficiary acts as mother or father to the child.
A child is not entitled to a pension for a disabled person’s child:
- if the child is placed in foster care in the disabled person’s home and that person is receiving amounts for care of the child;
- if the child is already entitled to a pension for a disabled person’s child or an orphan’s pension under the Québec Pension Plan or the Canada Pension Plan.
The pension for a disabled person’s child cannot be paid if the disabled person receives an additional amount for disability.
To apply for a pension for a disabled person’s child, it is mandatory to follow the three following steps, when applying for a disability pension:
- Fill out the appropriate part of the Application for Disability Benefits Under the Québec Pension Plan form;
- Enclosed a birth certificate if the child was born outside Québec;
- Mailed the appropriate form to
It is possible to apply for a pension for a disabled person’s child after applying for a disability pension. In this case, contact the .