Coping with a loss of independence.

Protective Supervision of Persons of Full Age

Curateur public du Québec

Applying for the Institution of Protective Supervision for a Person of Full Age

Important Notice

This page is being updated. Meanwhile, as the information currently online may not be complete, we invite you to consult the French version. Thank you for your understanding.

A person of full age in need of protection or one of his or her close relatives or friends (ex.: his or her spouse, a member of his or her family, a friend), provided he or she is of full age.

The person of full age in need of protection does not have a mandate in anticipation of incapacity, or his or her mandate in anticipation of incapacity cannot be homologated.

To apply for the institution of protective supervision for a person of full age, you must

  • file a motion with a Superior Court clerk or a judge of the judicial district where the person of full age in need protection is domiciled, and
  • enclose the required documents and payment.

Due to the complexity of the procedure, it is suggested that you use the services of a lawyer or notary to complete it.

  • traduction anglaise
  • ;#20;#Curateur public du Québec;#