Every beneficiary of a retirement pension paid under the Québec Pension Plan who is under age 65 and who becomes disabled
The person must meet the following conditions:
- have a disability recognized as severe and permanent by Retraite Québec;
- have contributed to the Plan for at least four of the last six years of his or her contributory period (see the definitions);
- no longer be able to cancel his or her retirement pension to receive a disability pension.
The additional amount for disability cannot be granted to a beneficiary of a retirement pension under the Canada Pension Plan.
To apply for an additional amount for disability, the person must
- complete the sections of the Application for Disability Benefits Under the Québec Pension Plan form corresponding to his or her situation;
- mail to Retraite Québec the first two parts of the form, i.e. the part concerning the application per se and the part concerning the consent to release medical, psychosocial and administrative information and enclosed any other medical documents or analytical results about the applicant's disability;
- complete section 1 of the medical report included in the form and send it back to his or her physician;
- ask his or her attending physician to complete the other sections of the medical report and send it to Retraite Québec.
The application form may be sent to the Régie without the medical report so that the application can be processed more rapidly. The physician must send the report to Retraite Québec as soon as possible.