To apply for a shelter allowance:
- Contact Revenu Québec’s Direction du centre des relations avec la clientèle des programmes sociofiscaux and request a Shelter Allowance Application Form.
- Fill out the form and enclose the required documents.
- Return your complete application to Revenu Québec:
- by mail, to the Québec (Sainte-Foy) or Montréal (Centre) offices, or
- in person, to any Revenu Québec office.
Every year, Revenu Québec will send you a reassessment form. After receiving the form, you have 45 days to complete it and return it with the required documents. If you fail to do so, your eligibility for the allowance will end at the expiry of the 45-day period or on October 1 of the current year, whichever is later. In this event, you may file a new application.
Only one person per couple may apply for a shelter allowance.