You can apply for a death benefit as a result of a traffic accident in any of the following ways:
- Use the Filing a Claim for Compensation online service, and then submit the required documents using the Document Submission online service. Be sure to have in hand the claim number you were given when you filed your application.
- Telephone the Service aux accidentés at the Société de l'assurance automobile du Québec to have a compensation claim file opened. Then,
- Complete the Claim for Death Benefits form. (You can ask the SAAQ for assistance.)
- Enclose the required documents with the form, being sure to write your claim number on every page.
- Send your complete application to the SAAQ’s Service aux accidentés by mail or fax