The following persons may apply for this service:
- anyone whose name appears on the act of death issued outside of Québec
- the spouse (whether by marriage or civil union) of the deceased person
- a child, brother or sister of the deceased person
The deceased was a resident of Québec, or a civil status event concerning the deceased is recorded in the Québec register of civil status.
To apply for the insertion of an act of death in the Québec register of civil status:
- Complete the form Application for Insertion of an Act of Civil Status Made Outside Québec in the Québec Register of Civil Status, and attach the required documents.
- Mail to the Directeur de l'état civil, or file it in person at a service counter of the Directeur.