Programs and Services for Seniors

Resources for Seniors Who Are Victims of Abuse

Reporting a Case of Elder Abuse

To report a case of elder abuse, whether suspected or confirmed, you can:
  • call the Elder Abuse Help Line
  • call Info-Social 811
  • contact the local community service centre (CLSC) for the area where the senior lives
  • contact the physician, nurse, social worker or any other resource-person at the CLSC who works with the senior
  • call the Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse
To report abuse in the health and social services system, you can file a complaint with the service quality and complaints commissioner at the establishment where the senior receives services. The commissioner can help you file a complaint.
The user committee there or at the nearest complaint assistance and support centre (Centre d'assistance et d'accompagnement aux plaintes, or CAAP) can also help you. Such assistance is provided free of charge and is confidential.
To find a CLSC, use the online service Finding a Resource.  

  • ;#9;#Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux;#