To register for the RénoRégion Program, the owner-occupant must contact his or her municipality or regional county municipality (MRC), which will determine whether the owner-occupant is eligible for the program and indicate the documents that must be submitted.
To find out how to contact a municipality, see the online Répertoire des municipalités (in French only).
Steps in obtaining financial assistance
The steps in obtaining financial assistance are as follows:
- A certified inspector visits the home, prepares a list of the eligible work and draws up the specifications.
- The owner-occupant must then:
- Obtain one or more bids from contractors, based on the specifications
- Submit the chosen contractor’s bid to the municipality or MRC
- The municipality or MRC issues the owner-occupant a certificate of eligibility showing the amount of financial assistance that may be granted.
- The owner-occupant may begin the work once the certificate of eligibility has been received.
- When the work is complete, a representative of the municipality or MRC determines whether it meets the specifications and submits a report to the municipality or MRC. If everything is in order, the financial assistance is granted to the owner-occupant.