Residential Adaptation Assistance Program

Société d'habitation du Québec

Participating in the Residential Adaptation Assistance Program

To participate in the residential adaptation assistance program, the applicant must contact a CLSC or the Société d'habitation du Québec, fill out the Program registration form and send it to the Société.

If the applicant is a tenant, he or she must first ask the landlord for permission to carry out the work. If the landlord agrees, he or she must fill out the landlords section of the Program registration form.

It is mandatory to provide a report by an occupational therapist demonstrating that impairment of the handicapped person is significant and persistent and requires alterations to their home. It is the Société d'habitation du Québec that requests a report to the healthcare facility responsible for writing the report and to the municipality or the regional county municipality.

 If the applicant is eligible, a representative of the municipality or regional county municipality will:

  • visit the domicile and draw up a list of admissible work based on the report of the occupational therapist;
  • determine the amount of the financial assistance;
  • deliver a certificate of eligibility.

The landlord must:

  • obtain one or more bids from contractors holding the appropriate licences from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec;
  • wait for the permission from the municipality or regional county municipality before beginning work.

Financial assistance will  be received once the work has been completed and the municipality or regional county municipality has checked to ensure that it has been carried out as agreed. The work must be completed within 12 months following the issue of the certificate of eligibility. 

  • traduction anglaise
  • ;#15;#Société d'habitation du Québec;#