Becoming a Parent

Certificate, copy of an act or attestation of birth

Directeur de l'état civil

Applying for Insertion of an Act of Birth Issued Outside of Québec into the Québec Register of Civil Status

Any person whose name appears on the act of birth issued outside of Québec.

The person concerned by the act of birth must be a resident of Québec.

To apply for the insertion of an act of birth in the Québec register of civil status:

  • Complete the form Application for Insertion of an Act of Civil Status Made Outside Québec in the Québec Register of Civil Status, and attach the required documents.
  • Mail to the Directeur de l'état civil, or file it in person at a service counter of the Directeur.

  • ;#7;#Directeur de l'état civil;#