Children adopted in Québec and born or adopted outside Québec.
For a child to be eligible for the public health insurance plan, the parent with whom he or she permanently lives with must be recognized as a:
- Person who has settled in Québec
- Person temporarily staying in Québec
To register for the health insurance plan a child born outside of Québec or who was adopted, a person must:
- Call the Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec to obtain a registration form
- Complete the form
- Attach the required documents
- Mail all items to the Régie or go to one of the reception offices
If the child is 14 years old or over, the child and the parent must got to a service point or reception office. If the child files his or her application at a service point, he or she must also bring a photo that meets the standards of the If the application is files at one of the two Régie reception offices, the photo will be taken on site.