This list shows the organizations and professionals that must be notified of your change of address. You can also have your mail forwarded to your new address by using Canada Post’s online service.

Main Public Services

  • Energy suppliers;
  • Cable and Internet company;
  • Telephone company (cell phones, etc.).

Other Organizations and Professionals to Notify

  • Accountant (CA);
  • Alarm or Safety Systems Suppliers;
  • Associations, clubs;
  • Car manufacturers (warranties and recalls);
  • Credit card companies;
  • Dentist;
  • Doctor;
  • Employer;
  • Educational institutions (school, CEGEP, university);
  • Financial institutions ( RRSPs, bank accounts, savings);
  • Professional orders (In French only) and associations;
  • Hospitals and CLSCs;
  • Insurance companies (automobile, home, health, life or other);
  • Lawyer, notary;
  • Library;
  • Municipality (municipal taxes) (In French only);
  • Pharmacy;
  • Rental companies (water heater, furnace, etc.);
  • School board (school taxes);
  • Snow Removal Service;
  • Société protectrice des animaux (pet licence);
  • Store card or loyalty card companies;
  • Subscriptions (newspapers, magazines, etc.);
  • Union.

Meanwhile, you can have your mail redirected to your new address by registering for the service on the Canada Post website.

Government of Canada

You must inform Government of Canada department and agencies of your new address. 

For more information, you can: